- Grizzly Bear -- 'Painted Ruins'
- Vinyl Pickup: Original copy of Mike Oldfield's 'Tubular Bells'
- Drum 'n' bass on the John Peel show: a decade of mysterious and magical soundz
- Music with a coffee #8: Punk Floyd -- 'Top Banana'
- "In the 90's, for the first time, it was becoming somewhat acceptable for Christian music to include more extreme genres" -- Jared of Vomitface picks some choice cuts
- Guided By Voices -- 'How Do You Spell Heaven'
- The genre they named IDM: we choose its 10 best LPs
Daily Archives: August 9, 2017
Once you shove the disc into the machine it’s a good minute before anything audible creeps out of the speakers. And even this is a slowly approaching electro cinematicpiece of music, with a tagged-on scratchily irritated, muffled beat. A somewhat curious, … Continue reading
3D future dub taking in breath intake, crackles of old 78s, ghostly-beautiful chanting, and those always eerie-sounding windchimes. This rather interesting, steadily encircling, and slightly more charmingly fine-drawn Burial rework of Mønic’s ‘Mezzanine’ like, unsettling ambient-chiller Deep Summer, is an … Continue reading