- Grizzly Bear -- 'Painted Ruins'
- Vinyl Pickup: Original copy of Mike Oldfield's 'Tubular Bells'
- Drum 'n' bass on the John Peel show: a decade of mysterious and magical soundz
- Music with a coffee #8: Punk Floyd -- 'Top Banana'
- "In the 90's, for the first time, it was becoming somewhat acceptable for Christian music to include more extreme genres" -- Jared of Vomitface picks some choice cuts
- Guided By Voices -- 'How Do You Spell Heaven'
- The genre they named IDM: we choose its 10 best LPs
Category Archives: Artwork
Background: Artwork vs music within: Well, watching the vid above, it better have.
Background: The sweeping shot showing our producer’s favourite, frequently visited downtown Sacramento record shop, simply named ‘Records’. This is the store where most if not all of the sounds sampled on ‘Entroducing’ where dug up. The original idea was a snapshot of … Continue reading
Background: No denying this Andy Warhol work is one of the most iconic album artworks in the history of rock music. The original LP, and the slightly more expensive reissues, has the peel-back banana option while the back cover features … Continue reading
Background: ‘Let it Bleed’ is one of those album covers that looks attractive and unique at first glance, before appearing possibly a tacky looking in-joke the more one studies it. Royal Mail did think it worthy enough for commemorative stamp … Continue reading
Background: The model is 17-year old Leilani Bishop, photographed by Ellen von Unwerth. Frontmwoman Courtney Love said she wanted the cover to shout out “I won! I have hemorrhoid cream under my eyes and adhesive tape on my ass, and I … Continue reading
Background: The photographer was Brian Griffin (not the dog in Family Guy– at least we don’t think so), and was taken on a beach in south Wales during a break from recording at Rockfield Studios outside Monmouth. It was voted … Continue reading