- Grizzly Bear -- 'Painted Ruins'
- Vinyl Pickup: Original copy of Mike Oldfield's 'Tubular Bells'
- Drum 'n' bass on the John Peel show: a decade of mysterious and magical soundz
- Music with a coffee #8: Punk Floyd -- 'Top Banana'
- "In the 90's, for the first time, it was becoming somewhat acceptable for Christian music to include more extreme genres" -- Jared of Vomitface picks some choice cuts
- Guided By Voices -- 'How Do You Spell Heaven'
- The genre they named IDM: we choose its 10 best LPs
Tag Archives: coffee
Pourin’ it in a canny easy listening drivetime stylee… Played on John Peel’s Peelenium November 1999, this nice track released in 1976 is a bit of easy listening to combat that early morning rush. Nice tune. Clever. Defo subtle little Sgt … Continue reading
Pourin’ it in an acid techno kibble stylee… Typical nineties acid techno / house music gem that pushes along majestically. Look out for those crucial melodic bits that show up occasionally. Wondeful ending, too. Pulsinger must have been taking lessons from the … Continue reading
Pourin’ it in a true dub stylee… This ‘un off of the 1981 issued ‘King At the Control’ on Vista Sounds / Tad’s by the dub and sound system pioneer. Maybe it’s a homage to a certain movie actor / … Continue reading