- Grizzly Bear -- 'Painted Ruins'
- Vinyl Pickup: Original copy of Mike Oldfield's 'Tubular Bells'
- Drum 'n' bass on the John Peel show: a decade of mysterious and magical soundz
- Music with a coffee #8: Punk Floyd -- 'Top Banana'
- "In the 90's, for the first time, it was becoming somewhat acceptable for Christian music to include more extreme genres" -- Jared of Vomitface picks some choice cuts
- Guided By Voices -- 'How Do You Spell Heaven'
- The genre they named IDM: we choose its 10 best LPs
Tag Archives: grunge
Grunge. What is it? Who is it? When is grunge really only a more ‘cool’ and modern cover for grandiose, heavy metal piffle? This writer knows where he’s drawing the line, and you are sure to work out where exactly … Continue reading
Shellac’s first full-length ‘At Action Park’ released October 1994 is their finest. Ten songs clocking in at 37 minutes. Perfect. It sounds generally charged and full of sugar compared to what was to come from the group. It all sounds … Continue reading